Old Thorney Schools
This year, the Duke of Bedford School celebrates its 75th anniversary (it was opened in September 1940). These pictures from the archives of the Thorney Society show the five school buildings that were in place before the Duke of Bedford School opened its doors.
One is now the Community Centre and Library (in Church Street), one is the Ex-Servicemen’s Club, two are private houses and one was demolished.
Can anyone remember attending any of these schools? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270137.